www.republika-online.com

Loading...

Survey shows 61% of Filipinos refuse to be inoculated

Republika

Pulse Asia’s Ulat ng Bayan survey has revealed that a majority of Filipinos are not willing to be inoculated against the SARS-CoV-2 virus.


Conducted from February 22 to March 3, the survey was conducted among 2,400 Filipino adults and showed an increase in Covid19 vaccine rejection, from 47% in November of last year to the current 61%.


More than 80% of those that would not want to be vaccinated cited safety concerns as their chief reason behind refusal, along with doubts about effectiveness, high prices, and a belief that it isn’t necessary.


However, the survey also revealed that 94% of Filipino adults fear themselves getting infected, or family members. The remaining 6% was halved equally between not worried, and undecided.


Results show that 16% of Filipinos want to be vaccinated, while 23% remain undecided on the matter.


The survey findings come as the country faces surging infections, with the highest number of recorded cases in a day now at 10,016 as of March 29, the first day of enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) once again imposed on Metro Manila and four nearby provinces.


Same Category

News

China claims Julian Felipe Reef

Republika
News

Philhealth owes P28B

Republika
News

MECQ in NCR+ until May 14

Republika
News

11 senators slam China over illegal WPS incursions

Republika