www.republika-online.com

Loading...

QC boasts ‘zero’ lockdowns

Republika

FOR the first time since it was enforced in May to slow down the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), there are no more areas in Quezon City under special concern lockdown (SCL).


Mayor Joy Belmonte announced the lifting of the last remaining SCL in Alleys 1 and 2 in Block 17, Barangay Bungad last Nov. 6.


The SCL imposed in some portions of Iba Street in Barangay Paang Bundok and three streets in Zytec Riosa Compound in Barangay Pasong Tamo was also lifted earlier this week.


“This is another positive development in our fight against the virus. This is another indication that we’re headed in the right direction, in addition to the drop in number of our active cases,” the city mayor said.


“Subalit muli kong ipinapaalala na hindi ito dahilan para tayo’y magpabaya at isantabi ang mga health protocol gaya ng pagsusuot ng face mask, face shield, paghugas ng kamay, at social distancing,” she added.


City Epidemiology and Disease Surveillance Unit (CESU) head Dr. Rolly Cruz said SCL is now unnecessary at this point since they have not monitored any more clustered cases in the city so far.


“Wala na tayong nakikitang posibleng local o community transmission sa mga lugar na ating binabantayan kaya hindi na kailangan ang SCL sa ngayon,” he noted.


The city started enforcing SCL in May to contain the spread of the virus, initially placing 20 areas in five barangays under lockdown.


Since May, 68 areas with around 11,134 families have been placed under SCL.


Dalisay Nolasco

Photo: PNA


Same Category

News

Pinoys banned in China

Republika
News

Luzon under state of calamity

Republika
News

Palawan lawyer shot dead

Republika
News

Raid unearths fake Lazada, shopee goods; Yorme mad

Republika