www.republika-online.com

Loading...

PRA greenlights P20B Cebu reclamation

Republika

The municipality of Minglanilla, Cebu is set to begin its journey to becoming a booming economic center, with the Philippine Reclamation Authority (PRA) granting approval for the P20 billion 100 hectare reclamation project that will become the Minglanilla Tencho-Business Park, also referred to as Ming-Mori.


Cebu Landmasters Inc. (CLI) spearheads the Ming Mori Development Corp. responsible for the project, which is estimated to reach completion in three to five years.


According to CLI chief executive officer Jose Soberano III, construction will encompass two islands (one with a total area of 75 hectares and the other 25 hectares) that are connected to the mainland via bridges.


Light manufacturing businesses, as well as technology-focused companies, will be among the new industry players in the area, with Cebu City nearby the soon-to-rise Ming-Mori.


The project has been in the works since 2013, with the overall master plan being developed by Singaporean consultation group Surbana Jurong Consultants.


Most of the necessary documents to proceed with on-site work were recently signed, including agreements between the PRA, local government unit (LGU) of Minglanilla, and CLI-headed consortium.


An environmental compliance certificate (EEC) was also granted for the project, whereas other requirements such as the detailed blueprint of the project, are yet to be submitted for evaluation.


Following the stipulations set forth by the reclamation guidelines, 51% of the land share will belong to the PRA and LGU, while the consortium will receive the remaining 49%.


Soberano expressed amicability towards cooperating with the PRA and LGU for the future development of the areas.


Due to the sheer scale of the Ming-Mori hub, construction will follow several phases of development. The first phase will prioritize attracting locators by creating commercial, residential, and institutional zones in order to birth a bustling community from the get-go.


With the economic prospects that the project should bestow upon the municipality, Mayor Elanito Pena expressed elation at the imminent start of Ming-Mori’s construction.


“Ming-Mori Techno-Business Park is the long-awaited realization of a dream of many Minglanillahanons that would later become a representation of progress that all of us will be forever grateful for. It is indeed, all in Minglanilla!” he said.

Photo: Philippine News Agency


Same Category

News

Kulelat

Republika
News

Merck’s anti-Covid pill seen cutting hospitalization rate by one-half

Republika
News

Rappler’s Ressa wins Nobel Peace Prize

Republika
News

QC court clears 19 cops in 2016 Espinosa slay

Republika