The San Jose, Occidental Mindoro municipal hall was placed in lockdown last week after 21 persons tested positive for coronavirus to prevent other residents from getting infected.
San Jose Vice-Mayor Roderick Agas said the cause of the fiasco was an errant Pag-Ibig Fund official who briefly visited San Jose last September 4 to conduct a seminar for contractual employees, even if he was awaiting the result of a swab test.
Agas said they learned sometime later that this Pag-Ibig official tested positive for Covid19, which necessitated swab tests for all those who may have come close to him.
Of the 100 people who were made to undergo swab tests, 21 came out positive, of whom 16 were connected with the Sangguniang Bayan of San Jose.
Agas said municipal officials are filing a complaint before the National Covid19 Task Force to hold the said Pag-Ibig official accountable for the damage he had caused.
He presented official video footage from their public information office which showed the concerned Pag-Ibig official not wearing any face mask and face shield during the seminar, in blatant violation of existing health protocols.