www.republika-online.com

Loading...

P1M reward for info on killing of Los Baños mayor

Republika

A reward of P1 million awaits anyone who can identify the gunman who shot dead Los Baños City Mayor Caesar Perez while roaming around the compound of the city hall last week.

The family of the slain mayor offered the award to solve the murder committed by unidentified gunman who stationed himself about 98 feet or 30 meters away to shoot the victim.


According to the initial probe, the victim was using a white Mitsubishi van with a fake plate as a cover to carry out the deed against Perez.


The municipal council also proposed a P500,000 reward to help speed up the investigation.


Perez was the latest local official on President Duterte’s narcolist who was murdered by an unidentified assassin.


In his third term, Perez had repeatedly denied any involvement in the drug trade and served as mayor from 2001 to 2010 and served as Laguna vice governor from 2010 to 2013.


He was stripped of his control over the local police in 2017 after his name appeared on the National Police Commission’s list of officials allegedly involved in the narcotics trade.


Municipal administrator Robert Lavina said the mayor went to the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency in Calabarzon (Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal and Quezon) region in October to submit himself to a drug test in the hope of having his name cleared and right then and there he was tested negative to illegal drug use.


A town-wide motorcade was set for Tuesday before the mayor’s remains would be brought to the town hall for public viewing, Lavina said.


Same Category

News

China claims Julian Felipe Reef

Republika
News

Philhealth owes P28B

Republika
News

MECQ in NCR+ until May 14

Republika
News

11 senators slam China over illegal WPS incursions

Republika