www.republika-online.com

Loading...

Germany donates flood-proofing tech to Bataan hospital

Republika

The German government, together with Filipino-German company Flood Control Asia RS Corp., provided flood-proof technology to a public hospital in Dinalupihan, Bataan.


Jose C. Payumo Memorial District Hospital (JCPMDH) is the second hospital in the country after the Philippine General Hospital (PGH) in Manila, to be chosen to undergo flood-proofing through a grant.


German engineer Andreas Klippe, Flood Control Asia’s president and chief executive officer, said that more than P10 million would be spent to make the hospital flood-free.


Klippe said the German government would cover 80% of the project cost while their company would shoulder the remaining 20%.


The selection of the two hospitals involved intensive studies on their flooding conditions where the delivery of basic health services is severely hampered as a result of the floods, Klippe said.


“(The) PGH and JCPMDH, a 70-bed hospital, both passed the strict selection criteria set forth by RS engineers,” Klippe said. “Hospitals in the Philippines need flood protection because floods equate to existing problems, like the damage of equipment and the hardship to move the equipment from the ground floor to the upper floors. There is a higher risk of infection during the flood.”


The benefits of flood-proof hospitals include the safety of staff and patients as well as hospital equipment, keeping water germs out, and the continuous delivery of basic health services, Klippe said.


Same Category

Provincial News

Cebu City residents to receive ‘free water’

Republika
Provincial News

Heroic dog Kabang laid to rest in Zamboanga

Republika
Provincial News

First planetarium in Mindanao coming to Misamis Oriental

Republika
Provincial News

P1.3B fake cigs, raw materials seized

Republika