www.republika-online.com

Loading...

Face-to-face classes postponed

Republika

The Department of Education (DepEd) has been ordered to scrap all plans for face-to-face classes owing to the threat of the new “highly-transmissible” Covid19 strain.


President Duterte said he is rescinding his order allowing the DepEd to proceed with face-to-face classes later this month as he did not want to endanger the health of millions of schoolchildren.


“I have allowed face-to-face classes as pilot projects all over the country. I am calling back the order and I will not allow face-to-face classes for children until we are through with this because we have to know the nature of the germ,” he said during an emergency meeting of the IATF called last week to discuss ways to deal with the infectious disease.


The new Covid strain, which still hasn’t arrived in the Philippines, was first detected last month in the United Kingdom.


It was described as highly transmissible by no less than Prime Minister Boris Johnson, prompting Mr. Duterte to ban all travel from Britain until Jan. 14.


A word of warning though, the new virus has been confirmed to have already arrived in Singapore last December 23, via a 17-year old female citizen who had been studying in the U.K., according to the Ministry of Health.


Same Category

News

Branch manager flees with P470M

Republika
News

No more bird flu in PH, officials say

Republika
News

Not enough HCWs to vaccinate 70M Pinoys – Drilon

Republika
News

PAF chopper mishap kills 7

Republika