www.republika-online.com

Loading...

Duque, Garin sued by 102 Dengvaxia victims

Republika

Health Secretary Francisco Duque, Iloilo Rep. Janette Garin, and officials of Dengvaxia manufacturer Sanofi Pasteur Inc., Zuellig Pharma, the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine and Food and Drug Administration are being taken to court over the deaths of 101 toddlers–and one survivor–who received the Dengvaxia vaccine in the past years.


Some 102 relatives of the victims filed their affidavits of complaints against them before the prosecutor’s office in Quezon City assisted by a battery of lawyers of the Public Attorney’s Office headed by Persida Acosta on Tuesday, November 24.


She said that the accused are the spearheaders of the “Dengvaxia mass indiscriminate vaccination.”


The toddlers were injected with Dengvaxia without informing parents that the vaccine had not gone through empirical examinations and testing to ensure safety and identify potential side effects.


The Quezon City Regional Trial Court Branch 107, however, set the arraignment and pre-trial of Duque, Garin, and other respondents on Friday, November 27, after Judge Jose Bautista Jr. issued an omnibus order dated November 18 finding probable cause to proceed with the case of reckless imprudence resulting in homicide, which previously had come from the metropolitan courts of Imus, Cavite and Muntinlupa City.


Same Category

News

400,000 Moderna vaccines to expire November ‘21

Republika
News

OCTA sees Alert 2 next month

Republika
News

DOLE says ‘no vax, no work, no pay’ allowed for some sectors

Republika
News

Ongpin indicted for possession of cocaine

Republika