www.republika-online.com

Loading...

Deadline moved to fix subsidy program gone wrong

Republika

The deadline for the return of wage subsidies given to wrong beneficiaries has been extended to June 30 this year.


According to the Small Business Wage Subsidy Program Task Force (SPTF), the move is in response to requests from employers and employees who were unable to return the assistance. Previous extensions of the deadline were already made in favor of the said employers and employees.


The Task Force had previously announced through a resolution dated May 28, 2020, further amended last June 13, that a return of the subsidy must be made by employers or employees, as the case may be, for:


— employers who failed to maintain the employment status of all employee beneficiaries before the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in 2020 and throughout the SBWS or misrepresented in their application material facts relevant to the eligibility of their employees;


— employees who resigned during the period of ECQ and modified ECQ imposed in Luzon and other parts of the country in 2020; and


— employers of the beneficiaries of the Department of Labor and Employment’s (DOLE) Covid-19 (coronavirus disease 2019) Adjustment Measures Program (DOLE-CAMP) who received the full amount of the second tranche of the SBWS.


Same Category

Business

Thinning power reserve, not supply, DOE says

Republika
Business

PH next hotspot for tech investments

Republika
Business

Correct taxes sought from socmed workers

Republika
Business

Ban on PH chicken meat, live birds lifted

Republika