Aklan Gov. Florencio Miraflores signed an executive order that hotels and other establishments in Boracay should have quarantine facilities following the case of the three guests who entered the world-famous beach resort with spurious Covid19 swab test results.
The order by the governor was based on the report of the Provincial Health Office and Department of Tourism regarding the three tourists from the National Capital Region who presented negative reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test results on Jan. 21 but turned out to actually be positive. They are currently quarantined at Aklan Training Center.
“Upon assessment of the health safety officer that a tourist is showing Covid19 symptoms, he/she must be referred to the response team of the Ciriaco Tirol Hospital (in Boracay) for proper management,” Miraflores said.
The same thing happened in December last year involving six guests who carried tampered Covid19 swab test results which drew the ire of Salvador Panelo, chief Presidential Legal Counsel, saying that these people should be charged.
“Tampering of documents has criminal liability, including imprisonment,” Panelo said.
Panelo said that these unscrupulous people have endangered the lives of other folks in the island whom they have met while traveling or in acquaintance.
“You are bringing virus into the hotel and in other areas you visit like restaurants. If you want to die, you should spare the others,” Panelo said.
“Local government units should strengthen the campaign against those involved in tampering of swab results.”